The Winter School programme is a one week (5 day), on-site, course run and hosted by CSAG at the University of Cape Town in Cape Town, South Africa. The course is presented by a number of facilitators both from within CSAG and also from other institutions. The course aims to take participants through the full spectrum of climate and climate change related topics. These include:
- Climate dynamics and system feedbacks
- Climate modelling and downscaling theory
- Climate change projections
- Risk and vulnerability framing, assessment approaches and methodologies
- Climate adaptation frameworks
- Adaptation planning, policy and decision making
- Climate information distillation
- Climate services
This course is of benefit for professionals who are dealing with decision and policy development incorporating climate and climate change issues within many sectors including Government Departments and Ministries, City Councils and Local Municipalities, NGO’s, corporate organizations and environmental consultancies.
The course is structured around an equal mix of interactive lecture input and group work and proves to be a dynamic, effective and fun week.