The Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG) is expanding the post-doctoral team with three new appointments to work collaboratively within a new interdisciplinary program (see www.fractal.org.za) with a consortium of international partners, and be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
The three positions are loosely focused on:
- Developing regional climate change information
- Changes in regional climate atmospheric processes
- Uptake of climate change information in decision making
Key foci include:
- Communication and translation of climate information informed by key vulnerabilities of societal systems, especially at the scales of cities and their co-dependent regions.
- Application, uptake and integration of climate information in decision frameworks in cities.
- Methodologies to distill scale relevant and robust information from multi-model multi-method climate projection data sets.
- Uncertainty, probability, likelihood and confidence in scale appropriate climate information.
- Assessment of the co-behaviour of multi-scale climate process response to anthropogenic forcing and natural variability.
Applicants should have received their PhDs within the last 5 years. The value of the fellowship for recent graduates will be R250 000 / year (tax free).