In this episode we talk about why climate change is such a complex problem and what CSAG and others are doing to make sense of the complexity to help make climate information clearer, more accessible, and usable or actionable by those confronting climate risks. Dr Anna Taylor from UCT’s African Climate and Development Initiative speaks with Prof Bruce Hewitson and Dr Izidine Pinto, who are climate scientists developing innovative ways of tailoring climate information to the needs of those working to reduce climate impacts across southern Africa and beyond.
Comments are closed.
- Synchronous short course success
- October 2021 – Publication highlight
- 2021 Short course on navigating climate risk – Applications Closed
- September 2021 – Publication highlight
- 2021 Short course on navigating climate risk – Applications now open
- CSAG Climate Frontiers Podcast-Episode 4: Making Sense of Seasonal Forecasts and Decision Making
- August 2021 – Publication highlight
- The IPCC’s sixth assessment report on climate science
- CSAG Climate Frontiers Podcast-Episode 3: CORDEX-Africa
- New 2021 online short course – register your interest
- July 2021 – Publication highlight
- A view on the state of Seasonal Forecasting in South Africa
- June 2021 – Publication highlight
- CSAG Climate Frontiers Podcast-Episode 2: The Complex Challenge
- May 2021 – Publication highlight
- CSAG Newsletter-Subscribe Now
- New CSAG Climate Frontiers Podcast Episode 1: The Ethics of Climate Services
- Water crisis communications: a range of frames can work
- State of Climate in 2019 for Southern Africa
- Saving the world one byte at a time!