The Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG), based at the University of Cape Town, will be running its annual course on Navigating Climate Risk (formerly Winter School)
This in-person, one-week (5 to 9 September 2022) intensive course has been developed specifically for participants from developing countries and aims to take participants through the full spectrum of climate and climate change-related topics. These include understanding:
- Climate dynamics and system feedbacks
- Climate modelling and downscaling theory
- Climate change projections
- Risk and vulnerability framing, assessment approaches, and methodologies
- Climate adaptation frameworks
- Adaptation planning, policy, and decision making
- Climate information distillation
- Climate services
This course is of benefit for professionals who are dealing with decision and policy development incorporating climate and climate change issues within many sectors, including (amongst others): Government Departments and Ministries, City Councils and Local Municipalities, NGO’s, corporate organizations, and environmental consultancies.
Online application is now open on our website and early application is encouraged as places are limited. Only online applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted. Applications will close on 12 August 2022 and successful candidates will be informed no later than 19 August 2022.
COURSE FEES (2022) ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Full course fee (South African residents) = R19 995
Full course fee (International participants) = US$ 1650
Please note the fee does NOT include:
- Medical or travel insurance costs
- Airport transfers, other transportation needs, or transport to and from the Winter School venue
A limited number of sponsorships are available for applicants. These sponsorships are primarily for candidates from less developed countries, especially those from Africa. Decisions on who will receive sponsorship are based on applications and decided upon by the Winter School Committee.
For more information or queries please email Sarika Govender (firstname.lastname@example.org)